The Garmin echoMap 53dv has a 5 inch high-contrast color display with keypad control and a MicroSD port. The LakeVu cartography and mapping solution provides you with instant access to over 17,000 lakes and rivers throughout North America.
• Combination fishfinder and chartplotter.
• WQVGA display with 480 x 480 pixel resolution.
• 5 inch/127mm vivid color display screen with automatic backlight adjustment capabilities.
• Easy-to-use keypad control.
• IPX7 waterproof-rated.
• HD DownVu transducer operating at 77/200 kHz.
• MicroSD access port.
• 500W sonar.
• Preloaded and pre-set LakeVu cartography.
• Supports MotorGuide and MinnKota trolling motors with quick-disconnect mount.
• LakeVu HD upgradeable option for High-Definition mapping.
• 5Hz GPS provides real-time updates on direction and distance.
• Garmin DownVu provides clear images up to 750 feet.
• Free HomePort trip planning software saves all trip and sonar history.
• Share routes, destinations, fishing hotspots and waypoints with the data sharing cable.
The Garmin echoMap 53dv is a well-constructed and light-weight (1.6 lb/0.7 kg) waterproof unit. However, Garmin intended this unit to accomplish more than just impress you with its sturdiness. It has a number of excellent features that easily distinguish this fishfinder from its competitors.
Your position on the water is always accurate thanks to a GPS that continually updates you on direction, distance traveled and potential danger areas, while also keeping you abreast of current and upcoming weather conditions. Garmin’s DownVu scanning sonar produces vivid, detailed and colorful images of baitfish, gamefish, surrounding rock structures and formations, underwater terrain, ridges and shore-to-shore contours.
The preloaded LakeVu cartography and mapping solution provides an in-depth view of shoreline contours up to 1 foot. Using the MicroSD port you’ll be able to save your sonar history, backtrack over previous fishing hotspots, while also having a clear history of past fishing trips. The Garmin echoMap 53dv also has an enhanced auto guidance feature that allows you to enter your previously visited location. You can then plan future trips safely by avoiding shallow water, rocky shorelines and other potential danger areas.
The DownVu sonar provides crystal clear images up to 750 feet below your boat. The safety shading option allows you to pinpoint potentially dangerous low-level waters and rocky points. This simplifies how you identify minimum water depths and potential fish-holding structures like docks, bridges, boat ramps and marinas. You can store up to 5000 waypoints and the unit includes GPX software formatting, which is the standard format for exchanging GPS data. This means you can transfer waypoints and routes from another GPS source or handheld device.
|Raymarine Dragonfly 5PRO||Garmin echoMap 53dv||Humminbird Helix 5 DI GPS|
|Screen Size||5 in||5 in||5 in|
|Screen Resolution||800 x 480 pixels||480 x 480 pixels||480 x 800 pixels|
|Display Type||16-bit color TFT||WQVGA||256 colors TFT|
|Imaging||2D using CHIRP|
DownVision using CHIRP
|2D, Down Imaging||2D, Down Imaging|
|Transducer Type||Transom Mount/Trolling Motor||Transom Mount/Trolling Motor||Transom Mount/Trolling Motor|
|Transmit Power||500W RMS|
|Sonar Frequency||200 kHz Sonar/350 kHz Down Vision||77/200 kHz||200/455 kHz 2D|
455/800 kHz Down Imaging
|Maximum Depth||600 ft|| 2,300 ft freshwater|
1,100 ft saltwater
|600 ft 2D|
350 ft Down Imaging