The Echo 150 portable is a dual-beam, dual-frequency fishfinder from Garmin, a renowned manufacturer of fishing equipment. Being portable, the device is ideal for angling from canoes, kayaks and other small fishing vessels and for people who move a lot between boats. It not only measures water depths, but also shows the user a very good image of the structural elements like weeds and rocks lying on the bottom. It can track fish targets and makes fishing a much easier job. This device delivers a cost-effective power-packed performance, taking advantage of AutoGain technology to maximize targets and minimize clutter.
• 4 inch -level FSTN grayscale display has a resolution of 160 x 256 pixels
• 200 watts RMS power allows accurate scanning up to a depth of 1,300 feet in fresh water, and up to 500 feet in salt water
• The two frequencies used by dual beam transducer are 200 kHz and 77 kHz
• The maximum mean width allowed is 120 degrees; this gives a good view of fish on either side of the boat
• HD-ID target tracking technology gives clear image definition and separation
• Fish targets are easily identified with the Fish Symbol ID; it uses Ultrascroll feature to display fish targets even at high speeds
• Quick-release tilt and swivel mount and transom-mount transducer are easy to install, along with the mounting bracket and trolling motor clamp
• The entire device weighs only 9.5 ounces
• It is equipped with audible alarms and a rechargeable battery
• Although the buttons and menu are user-friendly, a detailed documentation guide is provided for further convenience
The suction cup transducer mount design is very helpful for ice-water anglers, since it enables the transducer to float horizontally over the surface of the water. It works equally well in shallow and deep water; and even under the bright mid-day sun the display is clear and accurate. While there is no color display, it gives the accurate depth of the water and tracks the fish, thereby meeting the two main user criteria. There is no need to keep the device dry on board a boat or ship; Garmin’s Echo 150 portable is water-resistant and can be easily wiped dry without causing any damage.
People who make fishing a sport will love this gadget for its stability and ease of usage in the rough conditions usually experienced by a small boat surrounded by endless water. They are thankful for the built-in tray attached to the base of the Echo 150 unit, which securely holds both the transducer and battery. The transducer cable tightly wraps around the sides and bottom of the support arm and thus stays out of the way when not in use. A soft-sided yet rugged carrying case is included with the Garmin Echo 150 portable to keep all the components safe. In fact, this case is reusable and can accommodate any other Garmin Echo fishfinder model. It has D-rings on its base for fixing it to a bench. It has a rigid support arm that keeps the bag upright and allows easy viewing of the display.
|Humminbird PiranhaMax 165||Garmin Echo 150||Humminbird PiranhaMax 175|
|Screen Size||4 in / 102 mm||4 in / 102 mm||4 in / 102 mm|
|Screen Resolution||240 x 160 pixels||160 x 256 pixels||240 x 160 pixels|
|Display Type||8-level grayscale||8-level grayscale FSTN||16-level grayscale|
|Transmit Power||100W RMS|
|Sonar Frequency||200 kHz||77/200 kHz||200/455 kHz|
|Maximum Depth||600 ft||1300 ft||600 ft|